Friday 8 May 2015

Blanket ta dah!

Lurking in the background (and in the foreground) of some of my pictures this week there have been some hexagons. Well, now you can see what they are part of! Yes, it's time for a proper, happy, happy crochet ta-dah! It feels long over due to me. I think I had felt a bit uninspired, craft-wise for a while - like nearly a year! Maybe that's one reason, as well as just being busy, why I haven't blogged much in the last 9 months or so.


I feel like my inspiration is slowly coming back now though. And finishing this blanket has felt so good - I'd forgotten how good it feels to finish a major project, and feel happy with it! Can't remember what my last ta-dah was and I'm not going to depress myself by looking back to find out.


All in all, I'm not only happy with the finished result of this blanket, but I also enjoyed the making process. The pattern was an Erika Knight hexagon design from the book Essential Crochet, which I've made before here, but I decided to change the colours so that each shape was all one colour instead of two, and then arrange the shapes into flowers.


It's also just about the biggest blanket I've ever made, which surprised me. I didn't get fed up and have to push on for a while being fed up in order to make it this size. I just sort of finished it naturally when I felt like I was ready to, and it's still big enough to cover a double bed quite well.




So now, feeling inspired, it's on to more projects. I have a few plans - crochet garlands, and two different cushion covers...and maybe a third in mind already. My big brother is moving house next week with his girlfriend (yay! happy for him), and I am thinking they might need a crochet cushion as a housewarming pressie!

Hope you all have a fab weekend!

30 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL blanket!!! It must be one of the most stunning blankets I have ever seen!! Very well done! How wonderful that your crochet mojoj is coming back:)) Looking forward to seeing more beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, that is very kind. I'm looking forward to hopefully sharing more things here again soon.

      Jenx

      Delete
  2. Blanket is really beautiful. It has to take a lot of your work!
    Regards
    Ewela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket looks gorgeous! I have to try a hexagon blanket one day myself, I really like the look of it and the possibilites you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making hexagon blankets and I recommend it. Straightening the edges is fun too. Hope you have a go one day.
      Jenx

      Delete
  4. The blanket is gorgeous. So glad your inspiration is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blanket! I love the colors you used, i love hexagons . It is the first time a see a blanket like yours!
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love crochet hexagons too.
      Jenx

      Delete
  6. It is absolutely stunning! Such beautiful colours and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blanket! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is stunning, all your blankets are gorgeous.. Can you tell me what yarn you used? Glad you are back.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much. The yarn is Rowan Pure Wool Worsted, but I'm afraid I can't give you the shade numbers as I didn't keep track. Its a great yarn for a large choice of colours though.
      Jenx

      Delete
  9. Utterly beautiful! It really is the best feeling when you finish a large project and love it! I'd just be staring at that beauty all day! Have a beautiful weekend. Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very kind. Yup, I had forgotten what a nice feeling it was, so I'm glad to have rediscovered it. Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

      jenx

      Delete
  10. what clever use of the hexagon - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very beautiful blanket.
    i popped in to your blog while searching for a hexagon pattern. So many lovely projects.
    i have gone thru almost all posts. Had a nice time reading your blog. Hereafter I will be following you.
    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! I've never seen a hexagon pattern like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree! One of, if not THE MOST BEAUTIFUL I have ever seen!!! Love love.love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so amazed by the way this blanket is made. I wonder how many of each color is used. Keep up the good work. Just love it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am assuming that this would have to be dry cleaned. Gorgeous blanket! Will definitely make this some day. It looks like another one I have seen based on the quilt design, Grandma's Flower Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, can you take a picture of the edges? I can not fnish it :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!