Wednesday 18 March 2015

Fickle

Maybe one day I will finish one of my many works in progress. For the moment, I am fickle. I keep swapping between projects - just working on whatever takes my fancy.


I have ideas, make a start, work on them for 1 or 2 weeks, and then....


Some other bright idea pops into my head, and I just have to try it, now.
 

It's all so undisciplined, and really not me. It's weird.


 To be honest it doesn't make me feel good. I don't achieve anything, and feel like I have the attention span of a mayfly. Must try harder!


I'm 'fessing up on here in a bid to try and shame myself. If I publicly admit my crafting shortcomings, maybe it will inspire me to overcome them!


I blame life at the moment. Big plans are afoot for S and I, but I can't say what yet here, as I don't want to jinx anything. It's all very distracting though, so I blame that for my short attention span!

Right, I'm to stare at pictures of other people's finished things online, in the hope of instilling some discipline back into myself!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same! Exactly the same. Wer're not alone, don't worry! There's a lot of us out there. I have a little pile of those popcorn squares in my basket too, and next to them, a small pile of blue rounds, totally different project. I also have three blankets on the go and am itching to go into my sewing room and start making something in there. I'm like a little flitty moth going from one crochet pile to the next! It's all spread out all over my house and it botheres me that one of the projects is no where near even fully planned, yet the squares pile up. I'm making a concerted effort to finish my big colour block blanket over the next few days (well, evenings) - so I can be pleased with myself and use it before the cold weather goes away completely! Your projects look lovely, beautiful colours, and they are a lot further on than some of my 'wips' !! As long as you're enjoying, that's the important thing! :)
    Kate
    www.loopandbar.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you.... As a matter of fact I feel better reading this post. Absolutely love your blog. Will be back for more... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!