Sunday 22 June 2014

Stripey love...

I think I mentioned before that I was making a stripey cushion as part of my ongoing economy drive/stash busting exercise...


...I've finished it and I love it! It's a long time since I've crocheted anything entirely made up of rows of double crochet. I really enjoyed the simplicity of making it. The cushion is really in the selection of colours for stripes - they make it.


I want to make another cover the same, but it's not allowed at the moment as it will require the purchase of more white coloured yarn! Maybe next month.


Camera practice continues - I'm enjoying practicing my new found hobby by taking snaps of flowers.





...and other pretty things when I find them:



Hope you all had a great weekend.


Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. I just love that cushion!! Such a great idea for using up all the crochet yarns I've got laying around:)) Are the side buttons just for show or is it some genius closure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes there is a side closure. I just crocheted 3 chain loops st intervals while working along that side of the cushion and then sew buttons on to the other side.

      Jen

      Delete
  2. Oh I really like the stripy cushion it is really contemporary and fresh. You take some jolly good photos too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cushion cover.....lovely photos too, the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are beautiful Jen, I love the 'in-focus main subject with blurry background' style, and your cushion is so pretty, fresh and bright - I LOVE it! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments on the cushion and the photos- I am still learning!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stripey cushion! Such pretty flowers .. lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, I love this! How many stitches did you chain to begin this? I am rubbish at working this sort of thing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I can't remember how many chains I started with exactly, I think it was around 70. But how many you need will depend on what size cushion you have. I used DK yarn and a 3.5 mm hook. The best thing to do is a tension square before you start. I know it's boring and tricky to count the stitches, but it's well worth doing and it does work if you're careful!

      Jen x

      Delete
  8. All your pics are lovely, but boy oh boy do I LOVE your cushion!!! Very inspirational, and beautifully crocheted :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!