Sunday 21 July 2013

Granny stripe blanket

Last time, I said that I would share with you the details of my latest project, which I'm pretty excited with. I have 2 projects (one knitting, one crochet) that are almost finished (I'll share photos of those soon I hope!), so I thought it was ok to start something new!

I have had a large stash of Stylecraft Special yarn for about 6 months now that I haven't been sure what to do with. Then, last Sunday, I was browsing on Pinterest (one of my favourite time fillers whilst waiting for the train!) and saw a picture of this granny stripe, from Sharon at Annie's Place. I'd seen this before, having been a follower of this blog for a while, but seeing it again reminded me how visually stunning this version of the granny stripe is. On taking a closer look, I discovered that Sharon had used Stylecraft Special, and that I had most of the colours (plus a few extras) that she had used in my stash!

As you could imaging I could hardly wait for time to dig out my stash and begin. I made a start on Wednesday and it's been great fun so far:


My colour scheme has basically been inspired by Sharon's although I have changed the sequence in a couple of places as I didn't have exactly the same colours.


There's something about a rainbow colour scheme that makes me feel sort of 'safe'. I think it takes me back to the 1970s, and my childhood (which was actually in the 1980s for the early part - there, see if you can work out my age!)

I should also say that this granny stripe pattern originally came from Lucy at Attic 24.

I saw something else really sweet yesterday. S and I were in a garden square in London, and spotted these little bird houses, high up in the tree trunks.



Aren't they magical? Like a little village for birds!

Wishing you all a happy week!

xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Wow your blanket looks so cheery - well done! As for those bird boxes how gorgeous are they - more like a work of art x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is looking gorgeous already Jen - the Stylecraft Sp DK works up beautifully, doesn't it! And those little bird houses are so sweet!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful - seems like a fun project to work on!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!