Wednesday 30 January 2013

Feeling floral

It has been a glorious spring-type day here - all blue skies, blustery winds and sunshine - very cheery. Sunrise, daytime and sunset have all been gorgeous.

As the snow and ice has finally melted away, I've really been feeling ready for spring - bringing spring flowers inside:




Oh okay, so these are all fake flowers! But I can dream can't I? It would be lovely to be able to have such colourful real flowers around! Sadly I don't have a garden, and even if I did, probably wouldn't have time to make anything grow and of course its the wrong time of year etc. etc....Still pretty though aren't they!


Here are some more fake flowers, but made of something a bit tougher than fabric! These are flower necklaces which I made myself using semi-precious carved flowers bought from a bead shop in Covent Garden. The pink one is rose quartz, but I'm not sure about the blue one - I think possibly its amazonite of some kind. I just threaded them on some ribbon and attached clasps. I think I'll be wearing them a lot this spring, I love them!

1 comment:

  1. I agree your flowers look totally lovely and have really cheered up yr home. I like the necklaces simple and beautiful love the colours of them. Have to say lovely photos to Dxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!