Tuesday 4 September 2012

Starburst cushion cover


After a gap of a week while I finished the Ripple throw, I've turned back to the Starburst cushion and completed it yesterday. The colours of my old fabric cushions now don't match my lovely new ripple throw so I felt the need for something brighter!




The starburst motif is made by working trebles into the spaces between stitches from the previous round rather than into the tops of the stitches.

I gave the cushion a scallop edging to finish off and hide the closure a little.




Each cushion panel is made from 4 rows of 4 motifs (16 squares for each side). After stitching the motifs together I worked 2 rows of granny treble around the edge to made each side up to the right size for the cushion pad.

I used dk yarn and a 4mm hook.

The yarn used was:

Debbie Bliss Cashsoft Baby Shade 076 Plum
Sublime Cashmerino Silk DK in pale blue
Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Shade 042 Pink
Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Shade 034 Fuschia
Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Shade 001 White

3 comments:

  1. i love it ^^... i am a beginner... i already finished my squares but i find difficulty on joining them... -.- :(... by the way... your work really inspire me.. TQ..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! Please post free patterns. I would love to make the pillows.

    Melanie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie,

      Thanks, you are so kind! I will definately try and post a pattern for these covers. I'm afraid I am a little short on time the next few days, but I'll try and do this for next weekend!

      Jen x

      Delete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!