Wednesday 18 July 2012

Spicy granny!

Finished a orange, red and yellow afghan, which is destined for my boyfriend's sofa! The first fruits of my study free summer holiday!


According to my mother, just looking at this throw makes you feel cheerful, so that must be good!

Actually now I'm looking at the picture online, it is a little hurt-your-eyes. Trust me, in the flesh it is nice.

I love the fact that you can make something substantial from just odds and ends of yarn with crochet. This was made from various colours of different balls of yarn (all DK weight) which I've had hanging around for a while. I don't know how many balls I had altogether as some were half used, but it can't have been more than about 15. This throw isn't massive, but considering its made from scraps I think its not too bad!

Lets hope the boyfriend likes it - I'll let you know next week!

So, with the success of this, and having been inspired by the beautiful rainbow wares to be seen on Attic24's blog, which I've just discovered this week, I've started a rainbow coloured granny square afghan!

Here's a pre photo - after pics soon!


Hmm, I really must try and find a book of crochet motifs at the weekend - so I can make something other than basic granny squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!