Sunday 29 July 2012

Camden finds on a sunny Saturday

I thought I would share some lovely things which I found on a trip to Camden market yesterday. Also the rainbow throw is complete, and I have another little make to share - its been a busy weekend!

My boyfriend and I spent a  lovely couple of hours wandering around London's Camden market, and I was a little naughty, and had a bit of a splurge! You see some lovely things there, things that you don't really find in many high street shops, so I just couldn't resist!

The first purchase was a pretty oilcloth satchel, which I bought from a stall near the lock.





The lining is pretty too!





I also found a purse in a pretty oilcloth fabric:




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My little make this weekend (in between the biggie of the throw!) was a small challenge to try and improve my crochet skills! On Saturday night I got it into my head that I wanted to try and make an octopus, practicing working in the round and decreasing. And I actually managed to produce something that does look recognisably like an octopus!





I have to admit I'm pretty proud of him. I might try and make some little sea creature friends to join him. I do have a bit of a fascination with the sea and sea creatures. When I was little I used to have a big photo book of sea life, and spent hours flicking through, looking at pictures of coral and other creatures of the depths.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally for today, here's the completed throw!


This one is destined for the sofa, but it could fit a single bed too. One day soon I will pluck up the courage to make something double bed sized! And hopefully one day I will get a chance to take pictures in some decent light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!