Tuesday 26 June 2012

Summery stripe tote bag

At the moment I seem to be going a bit crazy for crocheting in stripes!



I've made a little tote bag, big enough to fit your book, purse, keys and mobile and a few other bits and pieces.

This was made using 2 colours of Rowan Cotton Glace and a 3.5mm crochet hook.



The bag has flat construction with no bottom. Each side is identical. To make the sides I chained 60 to start then worked in double crochet for two rows before switching to the second colour and then back again after another 2 rows. To make the handles I made a chain of 8 stiches, then worked in double crochet until the handles were as long as I wanted. Then attached the handles to the bag.

I also made an attempt at including a zip pocket in the lining to create compartments in the bag. It would have worked out fine, if my zip hadn't been a little too long, which causes the pocket to ruck up a little! Still, I consider this bag a prototype, and plan to make another where I have learned from my mistakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!